Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ruby Update

Friday I went in for my 39 week check up.  Wow, did not expect to go this long!  Mason set some pretty high expectations :)  Everything is going well, the only thing is we saw on the ultrasound that Ruby is breech.  Since I'm continuing to progress with dilation and such, the doctor gave me two options.  We could just schedule a c-section, or the doctors could try to turn her with a procedure called a Version.  Basically they will push around on my belly trying to coax her to turn the right way.  I opted for this since there's a good chance they can get her to turn and I'd be able to deliver naturally.  I go to the hospital Monday at 8am to give it a try. Better yet, we might see that she has turned herself over the weekend and we can wait until all is ready (before we knew she was breech, my doctor was confident I'd deliver by her due date anyway).

There is a slight chance my water could break during the Version, or for a placental abruption.  If either of those were to happen, I would just be taken immediately for a c-section.  If she does not turn, we'll just schedule a c-section for this week.  Of course, I did not expect any of this, but it's so great to know that God has it all under control and there is nothing to worry about!  More than anything, we are just so excited to be so close to meeting our precious little Ruby Lynn!

Thank you to all who are praying!  We will keep you posted!


These are not from Friday, but thought it would be fun to look at them again :)

No comments: