Thursday, December 8, 2011

Getting ready for Christmas

We had a lot of fun watching Mason get excited about decorating the Christmas tree this year.  We decided it was worth a go putting ours up since we have lots of kid-friendly ornaments and we're having lots of family around for Christmas.  Mason loves taking the ornaments off and sometimes he'll put them back, but most of the time, he carries them around the house and drops them in various places.  He seems to be really into stars, so he'll point to the star on top and just start yelling excitedly.  Even though he's not quite 2, he really does seem to know there is something different and special about this season.  Adam and I want to do our best teaching Mason what exactly we are celebrating and what is so special about this time of year.  Next year, I'm really looking forward to starting a family Advent tradition.  There are so many great ideas out there, I'm not exactly sure what we'll do, but the kids will be at a good age, I think, to really participate and have fun with it.  I'd love to hear what traditions you all have!  We hope you are all savoring each moment as we anticipate the celebration of the birth of our King!  Merry Christmas!

 Wearing daddy's hat
 Snuggling with daddy to watch Winnie the Pooh
 Trimming the tree
"Are you sure this tree is supposed to be inside our house?"

No comments: