Friday, May 10, 2013

Ordinary Days

A few things happened yesterday that I don't want to forget because they were so cute!

Lately, Mason has been having some really sweet moments with Ruby.  They still have their moments, but I am seeing more and more kind behavior between the two of them.  Yesterday afternoon, Mom was visiting and the kids were doing their own thing playing with different toys across the room from each other.  Ruby, being the drama queen that she is, was getting frustrated with her toy, and making it known.  Mason, without even looking up from his trains, says, "I commin' Ooby, I commin'."  Mom and I cracked up!

That night, while Mason was going potty for the 12th time before bed, we were having our usual conversation while he sat there.  He almost always requests to, "Talk trains?!" Well, we had just finished reading Little Boy Blue, and at the end it says, "Will you wake him? No, not I! For if I do, he's sure to cry." Anyway, Mason and I were thinking of animals with sharp teeth, and he says, "Shark! Saw sharks under water!" I asked if he saw the sharks at the zoo and he said, "No......not I!"  The look on his face was priceless.  It was like he knew he made a joke!  We both just started giggling and giggling.  He said it over and over, getting a bigger kick out of himself each time.  I just love seeing him discover new things!  Can't wait to hear what other jokes are to come.


First time with watercolors

Helping mama make a special treat

Tradition passed on from Grandma

He liked making them, but refused to eat them

picnic lunch

She loves the slide!  You have to be quick because she takes a running leap to go down it!

4 comments:

Amy W said...

Love the picture of Mason painting with watercolors!

jedwards said...

The "no not i" made me laugh. What a sweet funny boy. Regarding the food: do you think if I cook more i won't want to eat my creations? Hmmm. No. Not I.

Jeff said...

Way to go, Abby! So great to get back to recording these memories, and to do it as a way to be joyful! Love the pictures and the stories....thanks for sharing!

shelley said...

You four are constant entries in my 1000 Gifts Joy Dare journal. I am so blessed to get to experience your lives on an almost daily basis. xoxox